Drive safe this winter
Winter tyres improve safety in rain, slush, ice and snow conditions. Don't drive this winter without proper winter tyres!
- Only winter tyres are designed to excel in colder temperatures, rain, slush, ice and snow.
- Winter Tyre tread patterns are specifically designed to retain flexibility in low temperatures (below 7°C)
- Winter tyres use a special rubber compound with high silica content.
- Winter tyres offer excellent braking and traction performance on snow and ice as well as on wet roads in cold conditions.
Tyre safe winter safety
Free expert advice
Wheel & tyre packages
We recommend wheel and winter tyre packages
- Save up to £80 in fitting costs each time you need to change your tyres.
- You receive the wheels & tyres fully fitted and balanced.
- Huge savings on all wheel & snow tyre packages.
- Preserve the life of your summer wheels & tyres.
Standard vs winter tyres
Standard tyres provide excellent traction in high temperatures and good weather conditions. As the temperatures and weather conditions deteriorate towards winter, the traction and performance of standard tyres start to fall.
Winter tyres provide more small tread areas, increasing traction on snow and in wet conditions, allowing better grip and water to escape from under the tyre more easily. It is highly beneficial to be on the correct type of tyre at the correct time of year.
Braking distances on icy roads from 20mph
Winter Tyres: 57m
Standard Tyres: 68m
Braking distances on snowy roads from 30mph
Winter Tyres: 35m
Standard Tyres: 43m
Winter tyre FAQs
Why buy Winter Tyres?
Winter tyres greatly improve your stopping distances and traction control in temperatures below 7°C. This will enable you to travel safely and at a reasonable speed in cold, wet, ice and snow conditions.
Are winter tyres expensive?
No, Winter tyres are a very good investment. Whilst you are running your winter tyres, you are saving tread in your summer tyres and pre-longing their life. By running the correct tyre throughout the year you are lowering the risk of damaging your vehicle and the potential costs.
How many Winter tyres should I buy?
We recommend a full set of 4. This will give you good all-round traction in temperatures below 7°C and preserve the life of your summer tyres. We also recommend buying a wheel & winter tyre package, so you can easily swap your summer and winter tyres without incurring fitting costs each time.
How long will my Winter tyres last?
Your Winter tyres will typically last as long as your summer tyres do, as long as you change them at the correct time of year. Depending on your milage they should typically last about 3 years and prelong the life of your summer tyres.
Will my insurance go up if I fit winter tyres?
No, the large majority of main insurers do not charge extra for fitting winter tyres at the correct time of year.